Deck the Halls
One of the joys of teaching at CHA is the freedom that exists. Freedom within the student body to learn, smile, be joyful, laugh and love. Freedom within the faculty to dream and create. If you have not visited the halls of CHA during Christmas, I invite you to do so. The elementary halls are adorned with beautiful student-produced artwork. The secondary locker rooms are an expression of creativity and youthfulness. It is indeed a “season to be jolly.”
This joy of the Lord is carried outside our walls into our world. One of the distinctives of CHA is missions. During the Christmas season, every grade has a class mission project. From the fourth grade delivering coats and gloves to Buchanan elementary, to the kindergarten class serving at Faithworks and the fifth and eleventh grades ministering at Boys Ranch Town, Christ’s love is shared in our community. Beyond our city limits, CHA’s reach extends. Every class in the secondary has a class missionary for whom they pray and support throughout the year. From backpacks sent to Mexico for the children and money sent for missionaries around the globe, CHA students have a global perspective of missions and their responsibility to propagate the gospel. Our faculty and staff also participate in missions. Last Wednesday afternoon, our faculty and staff took a small gift to over fifteen of our nearby neighbors & surrounding businesses and prayed with them. The prayer requests were recorded so that we can continue to pray for our neighbors throughout the year.
As 2018 comes to a close, would you consider partnering with us in the gospel? Here are five ways to join CHA in our ministry to not only our students and families but around the world:
- Prayer - Please pray for the upcoming enrollment season. Our prayer is to enroll 100 new students. This increase is not about numbers. It is about influence. We believe that CHA has been called to train American Christian Leaders in every sphere of society. We have some of the best and most dedicated faculty and staff members in the state.
- Capital Campaign - Christian Heritage Academy offers its supporters many opportunities to invest in improving the facility and transportation needs of students. The Pursuing Excellence campaign focuses on both academic and athletic building and transportation improvements. This is a $1.9 million project. Recently, we purchased two new buses which should be arriving in early January. In November, we celebrated the opening of our new Genesis Learning Center. We still need $900,000 in new monies to complete the third floor remodel and secondary STEM rooms. If you would like to give to this project or learn more about this, please click here for more information.
- Heritage Fund - Christian Heritage Academy offers its supporters many opportunities to support student learning. Investors in the school’s mission may give to the Heritage Fund which supports areas such as science, technology, fine arts, teacher grants and a variety of other areas in the school directly impacting student learning. Last year, monies given at the Heritage Banquet and from private donors funded items such as new chromebook carts for students, allowed teachers to attend conferences, enabled the establishment of a kinesthetic learning lab for lower elementary students (The Loop) and purchased innovative curriculum for classrooms. If you would like to give to the Heritage Fund or to learn more about this, please click here for more information.
- Opportunity Scholarship Fund - The OSF allows taxpayers to redirect a portion of their state tax dollars to provide tuition scholarships for students attending a private school. OSF donors receive a 75% tax credit not to exceed $1000 for individual, $2000 for families filing jointly, and $100000 for qualified business entities, if they make a two-year commitment. Since 2014, CHA has received more than $1,085,000 in tuition assistance benefiting over 240 students. Your investment has changed Christian Heritage Academy by helping us increase our influence, broaden our diversity, and fulfill our mission of “producing true Christian scholars who will propagate the gospel and restore our nation to its historical Biblical foundation.” For more information regarding OSF, you may visit www.cha.org or click the link.
- Heritage Banquet Table Sponsors - Every year, we have friends and families of CHA support this event through table sponsorships. These sponsorships help defray the cost of the banquet as well as support the internal workings of the school. We pray that you will consider partnering with us as a table sponsor for the 2019 Heritage Banquet, Time to Engage, on February 19. We pray that you will join us as we share the vision for what God has challenged us to pursue. We would also encourage you to begin praying for this event and that God would be glorified and the vision that He has given us would be clearly presented. For additional information, please feel free to contact Dr. Susan DeMoss at 672-1787, Ext. 233.
As we “see the blazing yule before us,” which is a symbol of Christ’s birth. May we “strike the harp and join the chorus,” thanking God for what he has done at Christian Heritage Academy and ask the Lord how He wants us to join Him in the work that He is doing at CHA.
Fa la la la la, la la la la,
Dr. Susan Elaine DeMoss